RESTATEMENT of CONSTITUTION (2013)
Upon re-incorporation under the laws of the State
of Florida, the American Voyager Association provides a restatement of
||1. The name of the organization shall be
the American Voyager Association, Inc., and shall hereafter, in this
document, be referred to as the AVA. The AVA name and logo are
registered trademarks with the U.S. Patent Office.
||1. The purpose of the AVA is to enlist into
its membership owners and riders of the Kawasaki Voyager motorcycle.
However, membership is open to anyone who upholds the intent and purpose
of the organization, regardless of motorcycle make or model.
2. The AVA is an international organization.
3. The goals of the AVA as an international organization with regional,
sectional, and state chapter-hoods include: the exchange of ideas and
information; the promotion of cycling pleasure, recreation, and safety;
the coordination of common motorcycle efforts; and the creation of camaraderie
and friendship of all AVA members
4. It is also the purpose of the AVA and its members to offer
assistance for the promotion of motorcycle safety through favorable
local, state, national, and international legislation affecting the
motorcycling population. The AVA will lend any assistance it deems appropriate.
5. There are two official sources of AVA information: 1) the Voyagers'
Voice, the AVA's official publication; and 2) the AVA's website found
6. The AVA will continue to establish, promote, and enlarge the AVA
membership internationally, nationally, and locally.
||1. Full membership will be enjoyed by all
members following the guidelines set forth in the national organization's
bylaws regardless of make or model of motorcycle and without
discrimination of any kind. Full membership requires only that a member
support and uphold the goals, intentions, and purposes for which the AVA is
2. In accordance with the Articles of Incorporation, members of the AVA
are "non-voting" members.
||1. The officers of the AVA shall consist of
a board of directors made up of no less than 5 members, or more than 25
2. The Board of Directors shall elect from among themselves a board
chairperson whose term of office shall be determined by the full board.
3. The AVA Board of Directors shall appoint any additional officers,
directors, or committee persons.
4. Should an officer resign from the Board of Directors, the remaining
members of the Board shall determine when and whom it is appropriate to
elect as a new member.
||All regional, sectional, state, and/or
locally formed AVA chapter-hoods affiliated with the national AVA
organization must abide by this constitution and by-law statements.
||Amendments to this AVA Constitution and/or
bylaws may be made by a vote ratification of a majority of the members
of the board of directors.
||1. Robert's Rules of Order will apply in
all meetings of the AVA and its affiliated chapterhoods when deemed
necessary for the efficient and appropriate operation of a meeting. It
is recognized by the national organization that some chapters prefer to
hold meetings in a less formal manner. This is acceptable practice
unless there is evidence which point to the need for more strict
regulation of said meetings.
2. Special rules may be put into motion at any meeting of the AVA Board
of Directors and governing bodies of affiliated chapter-hoods.
||1. Membership may be obtained by submitting
a written application to the AVA. The payment of annual dues will be an
integral requirement of AVA membership. The amount of the annual dues
required of a member will be determined by the AVA Board of Directors
and provides the member with the privilege of membership, receipt of
six (6) issues of the AVA's official magazine annually, access to
AVA-supported functions (e.g., rallies), and receipt of an annual AVA
membership roster. The Board of Directors will determine any other
privileges of membership.
2. All members of the AVA agree to support and uphold the goals,
purposes, and intentions of the AVA stated in Article 2 above. A member
can become ineligible for membership if he or she fails to follow these
3. As required by law, all members will be notified in writing 15 days
prior to membership expiration or expulsion. A "reminder postcard" will
suffice as written notice for possible expiration of membership due to
non-payment of dues. Any member, who has not renewed membership within
30 days of the expiration date, will lose membership privileges and
will be required to submit a new application accompanied by payment of
4. The AVA shall not discriminate against any person by color, race,
religion or creed, or make or model of motorcycle owned, as a qualifier
||1. The AVA reserves the right to approve
the establishment of regional, sectional, state, and/or local
2. Chapter-hoods will be formed on the basis of qualifying information
presented by AVA members desirous of forming a chapter-hood.
3. Chapters shall endeavor to work in tandem with the American Voyager
4. The Board of Directors of the AVA will determine an affiliation
||OFFICERS/BOARD OF DIRECTORS
||1. Officers and the Board of Directors of
the AVA shall not receive or grant special favors or solicit personal
gifts for the performance of AVA business matters. The AVA name,
emblems, and its affairs may not be used for personal gain or profit.
Any violation will require the resignation of the board member or
2. The current board of directors will determine the term of office of
any board member or officer.
3. The Board of Directors shall oversee the rules of the AVA
4. The AVA Board of Directors may organize committees.
5. The AVA Board of Directors shall select a secretary/treasurer.
6. The chapter, independent of the AVA, but following all standards,
intentions, purposes, goals, will determine the governing process of
all affiliated AVA chapters and guidelines set forth by the AVA.
7. The officers of the AVA shall consist of a board of directors.
8. The board of directors shall consist of no less than 5 and no more
than 25 members in number.
9. The Board of Directors shall elect from among itself a board
chairperson. The term of the chairperson shall be determined by the
10. The AVA board of directors shall appoint any additional officers,
directors, or committee persons.
11. Should an officer/director resign from the Board, the members of
the board of directors shall determine when it is appropriate to elect
a new member to the board and shall, by majority vote, determine such
new board member.
||The AVA Board of Directors and any officer
of the national organization shall be compensated for expenditures
incurred while executing the duties and business of the AVA. A receipt
must be presented to the treasurer.
||An AVA member may submit suggestions to the
Board of Directors for consideration. The Board of Directors will
examine the proposal and determine the action.
||1. The AVA will operate as a not-for-profit
organization under the rules and regulations of the IRS and under the
laws of the State of Florida.
2. The AVA shall move its corporate headquarters to Pembroke Pines, Florida and
will be incorporated in the State of Florida effective August, 2013.
3. The words "Kawasaki" and "Kawasaki Voyager" are registered
trademarks and may only be reprinted with permission of Kawasaki Motors
4. The American Voyager Association is not affiliated with Kawasaki
Motors Corp. USA, or any other branch of Kawasaki Corporation