wiring?

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Voyager XII (1200cc, Four-cylinder) Years 1986 thru 2003.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

dinoinont
Current bike(s): 1997 voyager xii
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

wiring?

Post by dinoinont »

1997 noticed my rear marker lights where intermitant and off when turning right , found it was the wiring from ign switch so rewired 3 lines down to connecter all is good but now bike wont start i hear sounds like all 3 relays clicking , if i wait a hour it starts and its intermitant , also my batt light comes on when key is turned to on and goes off after starting and accellerating is it normal? i never noticed this light at all unless it was one of the wires i repaired .. what can i check as for the intermitant clicking.. thanks.
debron
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 1995 Voyager XII
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: wiring?

Post by debron »

The battery light thing is normal but don't I know why the bike won't start. Perhaps you did disturb some wiring in the starter circuit when repairing the lights.
Ron in Oregon
AVA Webmaster ("master" is optimistic!)
AVA Board Member
1995 Voyager XII
ekap1200
Master Fabricator
Master Fabricator
Current bike(s): 2000 voyager end of year total. 108.634
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: wiring?

Post by ekap1200 »

The battery lamp will come on when the level is low. The condition of the lamp going on and off when accelerating would indicate the batt level is right at the tip of the probe. Have you checked the batt level and its charge ? Perhaps it is time for a battery. Check your work, and battery connections, ground wiring , and connections of main battery plugs and connectors to be clean and tight. Put a voltmeter on the battery when starting the engine and see what amount of Voltage/drop is occuring. Voltage drop test is also used to test batt cables, and solenoids. Gene
"Its not bad if you don't know something, but when you don't know you don't know; That's when your in trouble". Joe Place 1912-2008 (my grandfather)

Return to “General - Voyager XII (1200 Four)”