loose saddle bag mounts

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Voyager XII (1200cc, Four-cylinder) Years 1986 thru 2003.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

richardb, austin
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): '94 Voyager as of 02/10
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

loose saddle bag mounts

Post by richardb, austin »

I had occasion to remove the Hook, Side Bag, pn 27012-1339 and discovered that the 10 mm-headed bolts were very loose. Upon reinstall, I tightened them (both bags, all 4 bolts) much tighter than I'd found them but now I wonder: Are they deliberately left a little loose to allow some "hook wallowing" as you search for that sweet spot that allows the pin in the Lock, Assy Bag (pn 27016-1054) to seat properly - or more likely, just 19.5 years of vibrating up & down the highway. :hmm: Anyway, you might want to check yours.
richardb, austin
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 07 gold wing
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: loose saddle bag mounts

Post by doug of so fla »

I have found on many XII's that the bolts holding the pin lock on the inside of the sadlebags were loose from the factory. Remember posts where someone had lost the bag from this. I have always made them tight when found loose and they never became loose again. bags & lids are real expensive $$$..
doug of no fla

Return to “General - Voyager XII (1200 Four)”