New owners of Voyager XII (1 of 2)

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Voyager XII (1200cc, Four-cylinder) Years 1986 thru 2003.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

ted1r
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): Kawasaki ZG1200 and KE250
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: New owners of Voyager XII (1 of 2)

Post by ted1r »

THAT IS SOME FANTASTIC INFO :woohoo: ,had mine 18 month's now and still love it , it attracts a lot of interest at bike meets as its a rarity in the uk
just re-joined and have put my 1 year pin on my jacket where I will wear it with pride guys. be safe ,

Ted
StreetSavant
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by StreetSavant »

Hey there, congrats on your new Voyager XII! It sounds like you've put in some serious time and effort compiling all that valuable information for other owners - great job! From what you've gathered, focusing on catching up on overdue maintenance tasks and keeping an eye out for potential issues seems key. Have you encountered any surprises or challenges while getting acquainted with your new ride? It's awesome to see you diving right into everything.
SgtSlag
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 1993 Voyager XII (2010)
(2006-2012: 1979 Honda CB750K)
(2008-2010: 1983 Kawasaki 440LTD, belt drive)
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 234 times

Post by SgtSlag »

Perfect addition regarding Fork Oil Changes, Nails!

Old, worn out, Fork Oil can get pretty bad in there. If you have bad/old/unknown Fork Oil inside your Fork Assemblies, I would suggest adding 1-2 oz. of SeaFoam to each of your fork tubes: manually pump them up/down 5-10 times to mix and circulate the SeaFoam, then drain them. The SeaFoam will dissolve any varnish, and other crud, present in your Forks, suspending it within your old Fork Oil; it will also slightly thin your Fork Oil, aiding it in draining out.

If 8 Wt oil works for you, in your forks, Dexron ATF is fantastic; if not, well, SeaFoam will quickly dissolve varnish and other crud inside your forks, ensuring your fresh Fork Oil goes into clean Fork Tube Assemblies. Any residual SeaFoam will be so limited that it will not affect your fresh Fork Oil at all. ;-)

That high detergent level of Dexron ATF means you won't need to use any solvent/SeaFoam in the forks, afterwards. If your Dexron ATF turns brown (starts out as bright, cherry red -- looks like tasty syrup, but smells really awful...), that indicates it has done its job, and it needs to be replaced, sooner, rather than later. Good luck! :-D Cheers!
SgtSlag

1993 Voyager XII

Return to “General - Voyager XII (1200 Four)”