Buzzing noise front wheel?

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 V-Twin.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

burroughspoint
Current bike(s): 2012 Kawasaki Voyager
2004 BMW R1200 CLC
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Buzzing noise front wheel?

Post by burroughspoint »

Hey everyone, new to the forum here, been lurking for awhile, and finally have a question to ask.

So, I have a buzzing sound coming from the front wheel area. I just did a front/rear tire change, and front brake job. When I’m at speed, I have what I can best describe as a buzzing sound coming from the front wheel. It comes and goes at various speeds, but is present.

I’ve checked, and I do have a 2mm separation on the right spacer between the spacer and fork, so I’m not sure if that’s the problem. I’m planning later this week on taking it apart and putting it back together again to inspect and see if that fixes it. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
Nails
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): '97 XII
'00 XT350
'85 KLR 250
'82 Silverwing Sushiguzzi
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 592 times

Re: Buzzing noise front wheel?

Post by Nails »

If you have a 1200 ... that fairing is known to generate noises that seem to be from the front wheel. Maybe the twins do too.
--
Nails
cushman eagle
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): '99 Kawasaki Voyager 1200
1958 Cushman Eagle restoration has been finished,and have put 3030 miles on her!
Has liked: 840 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: Buzzing noise front wheel?

Post by cushman eagle »

You might also be hearing tire lugs as they contact the road. :hmm:
I noticed that when I had fresh Dunlop E-3s when I was banked over on a mild turn. :thmup:
'99 Voyager VXII,'58 Cushman Eagle

Return to “General - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”